PREPARATION FOR TOTAL CONSECRATION TO JESUS, THROUGH MARY AS AN APOSTLE OF LIGHT OF THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
“Apostolorum Lux Immaculati Cordis Mariae”
A Spirituality for All Persons, Particularly the Laity, Patterned on an Intimacy of Life with the Holy Family, the Earthly Trinity:
A Truly Marian and Eucharistic Way of Life for the Laity, Blending the Charisms of the Carmelites, the Benedictines, the Dominicans, and the Franciscans
Founded on May 13, 2012, Feast of Our Lady of Fatima and Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament, through an inspiration of the Holy Spirit
What is the purpose of becoming an Apostle of Light of the Immaculate Heart of Mary?
The purposes of becoming an ALICM are:
(1) To respond fully to what the Church refers to in the Second Vatican Council document, Lumen Gentium, as the “universal call to holiness” by allowing the Blessed Mother to utterly transform us into faithful replicas of her Son and her God, Christ crucified, thereby fully actualizing our spiritual potential and accomplishing the goal of our entire earthly existence as human persons created in the image and likeness of God and called to participation in the Trinitarian, family life of God through, with and in Christ Jesus;
(2) To devote all that we are, all that we have and all that we do for the sake of accomplishing the Will of Mary Immaculate in all possible situations, which is always necessarily the Divine Will of the Most Holy Trinity;
(3) To place ourselves and all of the prayers, good works, joys and especially the patiently endured sufferings of our entire lives on the Altar of Mary’s Immaculate Heart, that she might unite us and the spiritual sacrifice of our human suffering, which Christ has sanctified and rendered salvific, to His own perfect offering of Himself to the perfect glorification of the Eternal Father in atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world; that is, the once for all Paschal Sacrifice of Christ on Calvary renewed each day, in an unbloody fashion, from the rising of the sun to its setting, in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Moreover, we make and daily renew this complete and total oblation – or gift -of self for the purposes of (1) mitigating the intensity and duration of the chastisement that is to befall humanity as a consequence of its wide-spread rejection of God and His Holy Law of Love; (2) participating as co-redeemers with Christ in the conversion and salvation of as many souls as possible throughout this most dire period in human history, with so many souls at risk of becoming victims of heresy, apostasy, moral relativism, and the countless other errors and subtle demonic seductions and lies that are being disseminated chiefly via mass media and secularized systems of higher education that propose such erroneous philosophies as logical positivism, radical epistemological and moral relativism, marxist atheism, and so on;
(4) To pray, petition and work for the solemn proclamation of the fifth and final Marian dogma; namely, Mary’s Spiritual Motherhood of Humanity according to her three-fold function as Co-redemptrix, Mediatrix of All Grace, and Advocate for the People of God;
(5) To pray for and work toward the fulfillment of Our Lady’s promise given at Fatima in 1917: “In the end, my Immaculate Heart will Triumph.” This Triumph of the Immaculate Heart shall coincide with an unprecedented outpouring of Mary’s Divine Spouse, the Most Holy Spirit of God, upon all of humanity, in preparation for a profound transformation of the entire world. For, just as Mary preceded Christ’s first coming, she, through the unprecedented number of reported, alleged and Church-approved apparitions and messages, is preceding His Second Glorious Coming, as we enter into the final phase of this, the “New Advent.” Thus, there shall come to pass that for which we have been praying in the “Lord’s Prayer” for the past 2,000 years: “Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” This period of purification and tribulation through which we are now living constitutes the Passion of Christ’s Mystical Body, which, like Christ, its Head, must undergo a full crucifixion and apparent death before it can rise again in triumphant glory and luminosity. The new, resurrected Church, the Bride of Christ, will be, in imitation of Mary, its Mother and Model, “without spot or wrinkle,” and shall constitute the heavenly Jerusalem, the new heavens and the new earth. Heaven and earth shall be united in a wholly new and heretofore unknown fashion. Satan shall be defeated and bound by the frail cord of the Holy Rosary, no longer capable of seducing the inhabitants of this earth, and all of creation shall return to the perfect glorification of the Most Holy Trinity. Christ shall establish His glorious Eucharistic reign among men in this new era of peace, light, love and holiness.
What must one do to become an Apostle of Light of the Immaculate Heart of Mary?
What follows is a simple but not easy “ten-step program” to becoming a life-long member of the ALIHM and, ultimately, a saint. These ten steps, which are suggested as (1) an absolutely efficacious program for profound, ongoing growth in one’s personal sanctity, and (2) a most salutary method of responding to the urgent pleas of Our Blessed Lady who, through her many visionaries, is begging generous souls to second her plan for the salvation of the human race in general and each soul in particular, are listed below:
(1) Perform a nine-day novena of preparation for Total Consecration to and Espousal of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The purpose of the novena is to grow in knowledge of and love for both the Heavenly Trinity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and the Earthly Trinity of Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
(2) Participate daily in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and worthily receive Our Lord Jesus truly present in the Most Blessed Sacrament each day of the novena, the day of solemn consecration and each day for the rest of one’s life; for, the Eucharistic Banquet truly is the “source and summit” of our lives as Christians.
(3) During the first thee days, pray the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries of the Scriptural Holy Rosary in honor of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Eternal Father, and the Divine Child of Mary; during the second three days, one should pray the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries of the Scriptural Holy Rosary in honor of the Holy Spirit of God and His spouse, Mary Immaculate; during the final three days, one should pray the Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious Mysteries of the Scriptural Holy Rosary in honor of God the Father and St. Joseph, the Patriarch of and provider for the Holy Family of Nazareth, and Patron of the Universal Church.
(4) Throughout the nine-day novena, read and meditate on the essay, A Concise Theology of Marian Consecration, which has been made available free of charge on this website. For a more detailed explanation of this spirituality, it is recommended that you purchase and read the book, Consecration to Jesus Christ through Mary and Joseph, by Jayson M. Brunelle, which is available in both paperback and kindle formats.
(5) Set aside as much time as is reasonably possible for adoration of Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament; meditation on Sacred Scripture, specifically the four Gospels and the Book of Revelation; the reading of St. Louis de Montfort’s True Devotion to Mary, St. Maximilian Kolbe’s Aim Higher, and the collected private revelations/interior locutions given by the Blessed Mother to Don Steffano Gobbi of the “Marian Movement of Priests” in the book, To the Priests, Our Lady’s Beloved Sons (this truly inspired collection of messages from Our Lady can be obtained free of charge from the Marian Movement of Priests).
(6) Additional suggested readings include the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the Documents of the Second Vatican Council, specifically Lumen Gentium, Dei Verbum, Gaudium et Spes and Sacrosanctum Concilium.
(7) On the tenth day of Consecration, which should be a Marian Solemnity or Feast Day (few realize that there is an authentic, Church-recognized Marian Feast day celebrated somewhere in the world every single day of the entire liturgical year), receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Holy Eucharist; after Holy Mass, make the formal Act of Consecration to and Espousal of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Moreover, ask for a special blessing from your parish priest, that you might be given all of the graces needed to remain faithful to the vows of your Baptism and to the living of your Consecration to and Espousal of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
(8) The subsequent living of your Consecration to and Espousal of the Immaculate Heart should consist of (a) your committment to the daily praying of at least five decades of the Scriptural Rosary; (b) the exercise of your royal, common priesthood through daily participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and daily reception of the Most Holy Eucharist; (c) the daily renewal of your Act of Consecration; (d) at least thirty minutes of sacred reading from any of the above mentioned texts, with primacy of place given to the reading of and meditation upon Sacred Scripture, the holy, inspired and inerrant Word of God; (e) pray daily the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for souls who will pass into eternal life that day.
(9) Affix a Miraculous Medal and an Exorcism Medal or Crucifix of St. Benedict the Abbot to a Brown Scapular, and wear the Scapular and the two medals at all times under your clothing as an external sign of your interior obligations to the Blessed Mother. You should consider the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel to be you “religious habit.” The one who devoutly wears the Brown Scapular is truly clothed in Our Lady’s garment and protected under her Mantle. To receive the maximum amount of grace, (a) become enrolled in the Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary; (b) become enrolled in the Association of the Miraculous Medal (AMM) by becoming a “Promoter” of the medal and by wearing the medal around the neck (it may be attached to your Scapular); (c) become invested in the Brown Scapular (in order to officially become clothed in Our Lady’s garment and to become eligible to receive the Sabbatine Privilege); (d) and have your medal of St. Benedict blessed with the official exorcism blessing (this medal, too, may be attached to your Brown Scapular).
(10) Recite the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily for the sick and the dying as a concrete spiritual work of mercy (preferably in the presence of the Most Blessed Sacrament) and be conscientious regarding the regular performance of corporeal works of mercy; for, we shall receive mercy to the extent that we have shown mercy to Christ in our sisters and brothers, especially the marginalized, the oppressed, the disenfranchised, the poor, and persons that are, generally speaking, under-valued by mainstream society. As members of the Church of Christ, we should always have a preferential option for the poor. Moreover, if you sincerely live your consecration to and espousal of Mary’s Immaculate Heart, there is a real possibility that you may be called by Our Lady one day to be counted among such marginalized souls, for the only path that Our Heavenly Mistress has marked out for us is the “Way of the Cross.”
Who are the “Five Founding Fathers” of the Apostles of Light of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, what is our Charism, and what, ultimately, constitutes our mission?
To better understand the mission, purpose and Charism of the ALICM, we do well to consider the rules of life and charisms of our Five Spiritual Fathers, corresponding to the five holy wounds of Our Lord: (1) St. Joseph, the Patriarch of Nazareth; (2) The Prophet Elijah of the Carmelites; (3) St. Benedict the Abbott, Father of Western Monasticism; (4) St. Dominic of the Dominican Order; (5) Our Seraphic Father St. Francis of the Franciscan Order. Each one of our Five Holy Founding Fathers has an intimate relationship with and profound devotion to Holy Mary, Our Lady of Mount Carmel, and through her to our Lord, Jesus, the Christ, Who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Thus, our “Rule of Life” can literally be found in the four Holy Gospels of Sts. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Additionally, as apostles of the end-times, we are to have a special reverence for and devotion to the Holy Book of Revelation, the last book of Sacred Scripture, as it depicts the times through which we are currently living and the unique mission of the children of the “Woman clothed with the sun,” who is Mary, our Heavenly Leader in this, the great cosmic war with “the Huge Red Dragon” of Marxist Atheism, the “Black Beast” of Freemasonry, the “beast like a Lamb,” which is ecclesiastical Freemasonry, and, ultimately, the “ancient serpent,” who is the Devil or Satan himself, in this the climax of His war with God for human souls. Our mission, in short, is to save as many souls as possible from the fires of hell. This, then, is what it means to be an Apostle of Light of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It is to be a co-redeemer with Mary, the Co-Redemptrix.
Is there an official enrollment, society, structure? Are there any meetings to attend or dues to pay?
No. This is a purely spiritual society of devotees of Mary Immaculate, and, provided one adheres to the regulations set forth above, Our Lady will, indeed, become your personal Spiritual Director, and will arrange every detail of your life – the places you are to go, the persons you are to associate with and meet, etc. Moreover, you shall rapidly advance in deep sanctity and become the living presence of the Blessed Virgin in the world; as the darkness of sin envelops the world more and more as we advance through the final stages of the Chastisement and Purification, you will spread the light of the “Woman clothed with the Sun” into the lives of all persons with whom you come into contact. On earth, you will make up the “heel” of the Mystical Body of Christ; thus, you can expect to be “despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows.” Yet, when your mission is accomplished, you shall make up a bright, shining star in the heavenly crown about the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
What is the motto of the ALICM?
Our constant motto should be, “All for the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, in the Spirit of St. Joseph and the Founding Fathers!”
May Our Lady clothe you with her mantle, enfold you within the deep recesses of her Most Immaculate Heart and the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, and may your name be forever inscribed in these same Two Hearts as you endeavor to live a profound intimacy of life with the Earthly Trinity, growing in love for Jesus, through Mary, in the spirit of St. Joseph! – Marian Apostolate Ministries
Copyright © 2012 – 2014 by Marian Apostolate of the Laity. All Rights Reserved.