Earlier this year, America Needs Fatima collected 58,644 protest petitions against Disney/ABC’s first season of the anti-Catholic “The Real O’Neals.”
But Disney/ABC has renewed this program which brutally mocked “all Catholics, most notably their clergy…frauds obsessed with creating an appearance of moral perfection” and ‘typical’ Catholic families.
Because of your deep love for Our Lady and our holy Catholic faith, I ask you to join me and take a stand against ABC/Disney’s renewal of this offensive anti-Catholic TV series.
It seems we weren’t loud enough before.
Now we must make Disney hear us ROAR!
Could the evident and brutal anti-Catholic scripting in this series reflect the producer’s and corporate board’s institutional bias against our holy Catholic faith?
The following certainly makes me wonder:
According to one Catholic E-Newsletter, “Anyone who thinks that money alone drives Hollywood doesn’t understand the role that ideology plays…..Bringing back “The Real O’Neals” for a second season … is a case in point.” “Nielson ratings for the 2015-2016 season reveal that ABC chose to cancel four shows that drew a larger audience than “The Real O’Neals.”
The same source shows that Nielson ranked “The Real O’Neals” at #106. Yet “Castle” (#44), “Blood & Oil” (#78), “The Muppets” (#90), and “The Family” (#104) were cut. “It is hard to resist the conclusion that Disney/ABC made a calculated ideological decision not to give in to pressure…”
With Our Lady’s help and enough participation and sharing on our part, we can get Disney to reduce the number of anti-Catholic episodes or maybe even cancel the remaining episodes altogether. With God, all good things are possible.
Mr. Sherwood and Mr. Iger,
I know you remember when “Disney” meant “safe”—if Disney made a film, it would be o.k. for your kids or grandkids to watch?
But “The Real O’Neals” ends all that! Alarming!
And it is up to you and me to protest this brutal attack on our Catholic Faith.
If you are in a hurry, then please just click here now to send a message – loud and clear – to the president of Disney/ABC Television Group that The Real O’Neals is an insult to every Catholic worthy of the name.
But if you do have a moment, and want to learn just what it is that makes The Real O’Neals so disgusting, then read on:
Read the facts as they have been reported. You’ll understand what this evil program is trying to do to the Catholic Faith. Then please join our petition.
- The two brothers of this “Catholic” family are shown watching pornographic films on a laptop.
- Hard-core, same-sex film viewing in this “Catholic” household is made to appear normal and acceptable.
- The “Catholic” mother encourages her 16-year-old son, who is experiencing and not fighting against same-sex attraction, to “try sex” with a girl.
- Our Lord “appears” to the son with same-sex attraction, pulling the boy off where they won’t be seen or heard by the others, so that He can confide that the boy’s mother’s “strict guidelines” annoy Him.
- The daughter uses her project in a science fair to try to prove that there is no God.
- The story-line is written so that this daughter misses Mass, doubts God without sincerely seeking answers, and shows blatant disrespect towards her Pastor. The pastor is shown to be unable to answer her questions and is “backed into a corner.”
- Almost every scene is filled with sexual innuendos, implications, or mockery of faith – i.e., Catholicism.